Friday, June 5, 2009

Watching Grass Grow and Paint Dry

As the title would imply, not a whole lot is going on for me right now. While the campus is still busy with classes and summertime activities, I’m not actually doing any of those things. While I still get a chance to exercise on campus, eat up here, and earn some “Benjamins” (read: “Washingtons”), that’s about it for me. On the bright side, it’s finally not May, which I guess is only a bright side if you’re an aging enthusiast. Which I’m not. The weather’s nice though, which makes tours more enjoyable.

So since I don’t have anything to talk about, and can’t think of any GVSU related topics, I wanted to take this chance to ask all of you guys what you’re doing this Summer. I answered my first blog question earlier, so I’m pretty pumped about being informative on stuff that I'm basically paid to know or find out. Are any of the readers planning on visiting us in the near future, or coming up for orientation? Even if you guys want to fill us in on stuff unrelated to college visits, whether it's vacation plans or news on the job front (although arguably "lack of news" is more appropriate). As always, the floor's pretty much wide open to any questions, it's just that right now I'm really bored and want some insight as to what's going on for all of those who are reading this.

-Kyle

2 comments:

Rayne said...

Hey!

Nothing wrong with having some relax time when your in the beautiful campus!

I'm coming up for orientation tomorrow (the 10th) and I've been double and triple checking all my paper work, trying to make sure I have everything for tomorrow. I know my writing and math placement, I know I need a photo id, and possibly a calculator, but as to what else, I'm not sure.

Any chance you know what I'd need to bring?

Thanks!

Rayne Klar

Kyle said...

Hi Rayne,

You've got a point-- up until today, it's been great weather, and it's supposed to be nice again on Thursday, so relaxing is a plus.

It looks like you're all set. I had to check with one of the students who used to work orientation, and if you are taking the math placement then you will definitely need both a photo ID and a calculator.

-Kyle