Friday, March 5, 2010

Quiet Friday

Wow, hectic is an understatement at this point. I apologize for the lack of updates in recent history; time is a commodity that I don’t seem to have enough of lately. But, on the bright side, we’re now at the start of Spring Break, so I have an entire week relaxation. Except for the fact that I’m still working all week. Which isn’t a complaint, seeing as I have no serious schoolwork for the week, but it is a humorous statement that I’d rather stay home and work than go somewhere nice. In all fairness, though, the weather has a bit of a push in that respect. We’ve had about a week of gorgeous weather, which is a welcome change from the up-and-down unpredictability of Michigan Winters.

So, getting back to business, I’m mostly updating to remind High School seniors that they should definitely start making decisions on colleges at this point. Nothing has to be finalized just yet, but there are a few deadlines that are either coming up or already past. The housing deadline, for instance, was this last Monday, March 1st. If you missed that, and haven’t signed up for housing yet, it doesn’t mean that you can’t live on campus, it just means that we can no longer guarantee a spot for you in the freshman living centers. March 1st is the date before which we know we can fit all of our admitted students into housing, so if you haven’t signed up for housing, don’t panic just yet, but I would still encourage getting your choice and deposit in soon. Housing will start filling up relatively quickly, but we can still refund your deposit up to May 1st.

I don’t have the same deadlines to worry about that a lot of you readers do, but there are still a few dates keen on my mind. Most of the ones lately have been for tests; I’ve had a fair few in the last couple of weeks, not to mention presentations and group projects. Long story short, it’s most definitely “crunch time” in terms of school work. It’s kind of strange, but the bus ride to and from the downtown has more or less become my time to “decompress.” It’s kind of therapeutic to have that half hour to myself, with no worries until I make it to Grand Rapids. Not that my life is all that stressful, but this last week in particular has been quite a whirlwind. I’ll try to make sure to give an update next week, to fill you guys in on Breaks here on campus, but until then, don’t hesitate to post questions or comments.

-Kyle

No comments: