Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Midsemester blues

I suppose you could say we’re right in the middle of fall semester at this point; the truth is, I never really keep track of the weeks. After the first couple classes some time goes by and then I’m just kind of surprised when someone talks about winter break. Maybe that’s just me, but I always seem to lose track of what's going on at this point in the semester. Although part of that may just be all of the activity at the moment in class and on the job; I had two exams last week, an ongoing, major class project I’ve been trying to dive into, and my senior project more or less looming over the whole thing. Here in admissions, we just had one visitation day last Saturday, and our next is this Friday. We’re also trying (somewhat unsuccessfully) to generate a little interest in focus groups for current freshmen, hoping to better understand how well we’re doing in communicating with them as they prepare for college.

The weather has certainly been kind to us lately; it’s raining for the moment, but that’s little more than the punctuation at the end of about two weeks of gorgeous fall climate. Maybe I’m crazy here, but I love this time of year, and I think it’s one of the best times to visit campus. Aside from being beautiful outside without being too hot, visiting around this time will give students an opportunity to see the campus and still enough time to apply before deadlines start rolling in.

But I’m on my way out right now, so as usual, post any questions, and don’t hesitate to give us a call and schedule a tour of the campus.

-Kyle

No comments: