Monday, March 9, 2009

Back from Spring Break with 6 weeks to go...

Its the first Monday back from Spring Break. Surprisingly, I was looking forward to getting back to classes! There is only 6 weeks left until graduation so now it is just a push until the end!

For Spring Break, I went to Arizona with a few friends and got to see the Red Rocks and Grand Canyon... something I have always wanted to do. We hiked and did all the tourist things in each one of the cities. It was a pretty good time!

Now that we are back, I have been talking to my friends and have found that alot of them had pretty good spring breaks as well. Lots of people I had talked to went to the warm, sunny destinations like Florida and California while a good portion decided to do something called Alternative Spring Break. It is where you go with a group of people and do community service in another state for a week. Grand Valley has programs that send students all throughout the United States for Alternative Breaks. I have done two alternative breaks in the past and met some wonderful friends on the trips and had some wonderful experiences too.

Hope this finds everyone in good spirits! Feel free to ask any questions!!!

-Leslie

No comments: