Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Done with Undergrad... Now What!!!???

So, I am officially a graduate from Grand Valley State University as of about 2 weeks ago. It was a blur of excitement the day of graduation. I graduated in the afternoon with about 1,000 other students in VanAndel arena in downtown Grand Rapids. It was pretty surreal. I felt as if I shouldn't have been graduating!! Its too soon! It seems like yesterday I was moving into my freshman living center! The ceremony for graduation was awesome and they made all of us graduates feel very important. We individually walked across the stage with our name being called as we did so. I was fortunate to find a group of my friends to sit with at graduation among the thousands which made the ceremony that much more special. After the ceremony I ended up celebrating with my family and friends.

The day after graduation, life was back to normal! I didn't feel any different now having a bachelor's degree and all. Now the excitement is wearing off and a lot of my friends that I graduated with are looking for jobs and moving away. I am slowly finding it is quite the bittersweet time. As we are all moving on and starting our careers and lives, we have to leave Grand Valley and everything we have grown to love these past 4 years... I do not want to say goodbye to my friends!

I rest a little easier knowing I will be back to GVSU in the fall as a graduate student. I was accepted into the Occupational Therapy program so I will begin that in September. It is very exciting and still very intimidating! We shall see what the fall brings!

For now, I am working in admissions giving tours this summer while also doing an internship at the American Diabetes Association in Grand Rapids, MI. It has been really busy thus far but I am doing my best to soak up the sun and all of the fun that summer has to offer!

If you have any questions at all or anything you are wondering about - PLEASE do not hesitate to ask!!!

Hope everyone is doing well!!

-Leslie

No comments: