Thursday, May 7, 2009

Spring Semester

It’s been about a week since I last wrote anything here, and things have changed quite a bit since then. Spring Semester started this Monday, so life has returned to the campus in a manner of speaking. Students are in the commons areas, walking to and from class, using the buses, so on and so on and so forth.

This is probably a decent time to talk about Spring/Summer Semesters, seeing as they’re actually happening. Both periods are accelerated semesters, so the classes take place over a six week period. There are exceptions, but usually the classes are held twice a week for between two and three hours at a time. It’s a great way to take care of just about any class, but students tend to use them to take care of a lot of base requirements. I took “legal environment of business” (BUS 201) last year during spring and it worked out pretty well. I’m not taking any Spring/Summer classes this year, since I wanted to look around for a second summer job, which, by the way, has been pretty successful (if by “successful” you mean “a total failure”). All in all, though, Spring/Summer classes are pretty nice, because it’s generally a more enjoyable and less frostbite ridden experience to go to the beach after class than it is during Winter Semester. As an added bonus, the buses are still up and running, so my gas bill is considerably lower than one would expect.

That’s all I have to say about that. As a quick note to anyone who will be coming by for a tour soon, I thought it might be a good idea to suggest that you remember to ask a lot of questions. I had a great tour today with a family that had a lot of good, relevant questions, which made the tour more fun for me and more informative for them. Or don't, but realize that I won't be singing and dancing to fill the awkward silences.

-Kyle

No comments: