Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Another Fall over

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving Break, or at least not a stressful one. In weather related news, we had our first snowfall of the season last night. It didn’t stick, so I’m not sure that it counts, but it’s still definitely a sign that December’s started. Much as I love the snow, I can’t help but think of it from a commuter’s perspective. I guess that’s just one more reason I miss living on campus, and right about now I do really miss it. It’s pretty fun seeing Allendale in the snow.

Good news for any sports fans out there, both men’s varsity football and ladies’ varsity soccer are in the semifinals of the playoffs right now, which is exciting for both. In non-sports related content, we have our first scholarship competition of the year this Saturday, which I’m excited to be working at. They’re always funny to be at, because the students are a little quiet and nervous about the competition, and the parents have a tendency to ask more questions (since they’re there all morning). If you’re interested in attending one of these competitions, don’t forget to apply soon (the deadline is December 31, but I’m sure that I’ll be repeating that soon anyway).

The semester is starting to wind down at this point, my group and I turned in and presented our case report for my Monday night class before Thanksgiving, I have another final report due next week Wednesday, and most of my other classes are finishing up the course material. Finals are coming up, but I haven’t really started feeling the pressure of exams yet. That’s not to say that I haven’t been thinking about exams, I just haven’t started my reviews just yet. If I’m still saying, “hey, there’s plenty of time” next week, that’ll be a sign that I’m in trouble, but we’ll take it one step at a time.

Ask me if you have any questions,
-Kyle

No comments: