Tuesday, January 5, 2010

First post of the decade

First post of the decade

As great as breaks are, I’m pretty happy to be back to doing something. A week and a half of nothing is very restful, but I think the term “crippling boredom” may have been applicable at certain points throughout the holiday.

On a related note, I hope that that I’m not the first to wish you guys a happy new year, seeing as it is 5 days late here, but I do hope everybody had a safe and enjoyable holiday season this year. With that in mind, I do have some bad news: Our scholarship deadline has passes. December 31 is the deadline on a couple of our scholarships, the awards of excellence in particular. That doesn’t mean that financial aid isn’t available anymore, and it doesn’t mean that you can’t get scholarships, it just means that there are a few scholarships and scholarship competitions for which you can’t apply. On the bright side, if you applied and sent in ACT scores by December 31, you may be eligible to receive some awards, so keep an eye on the mail.

Another thing to keep an eye on, which is coincidentally also money related, is FAFSA. In all fairness, it’s been quite a while since I’ve had to worry about this, but if I recall correctly it’s early to mid winter when that information has to be filed (I think March 1 is the priority deadline, but I’m definitely not the guy to ask on that).

All business stuff aside, it’s tough to believe that we’re in a new decade. I can remember quite a few moments from the last ten years pretty vividly, as far back as middle school and as recent as the last three years here on campus. I’m pretty excited to keep moving forward, but if anybody asked me to, I wouldn’t hesitate to do most of it over again. And yes, I would still choose to come to Grand Valley, hands down.

That’s about it today, so don’t hesitate to ask questions. I know I said I probably couldn’t answer FAFSA stuff, but ask anyway if you’ve got a concern, and I’ll be sure to ask around myself.

-Kyle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes the FASFA deadline is March 1st, your correct. =]