Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Week before finals

Well, this “big thing” I mentioned a couple weeks back is kind of taking longer than I thought, so for the time being it’s on the back burner. Have I dropped the idea altogether? No, I’ve still got something special planned, but we may not see it here for a couple more weeks.

So what is going on at the moment? Quite a lot. It’s the week before finals, so everybody is busy in classes with final projects and exam reviews. I’ve got an easier exam schedule this semester; four, as opposed to the six I had last semester. That doesn’t mean the classes are easier or I have fewer final deliverables to take care of, it just means I only have four exams next week. Final papers and the like are being taken care of this week, I’m just happy that next week is a little bit lower stress than previous semesters.

I do also have a pretty important update for you guys: if anyone will be visiting here from the east side of the state, you’re going to want to leave yourself a little extra time when driving to Allendale. Whether or not you’ve noticed, I-196 is under heavy construction, and the entire segment between Fuller Ave. and US 131 is completely closed down, so we’re encouraging visitors to leave an extra half hour or so to get here. The best way to do so is probably to either continue along I-96, past the 196 onramp until you reach 131, or else to avoid the entire thing by taking M-6. But then again, I’ve gotten myself lost before on a straight road, so you probably don’t want to take directions from me.

Hope everybody’s ready for nice weather, because it certainly seems to be on its way. But as always, don’t hesitate to ask any questions,

-Kyle

No comments: