Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The weekend around Grand Valley--

Well, it is definitely getting much colder here in Allendale; I even broke out the gloves today! This weekend we had our last regular season home football game! I didn't go to the game (the first one I have missed all season!) But I heard it was amazing! Because our football team usually wins all their games I was really surprised to hear that we were down at half time, but we pulled out a win! Off to the playoffs for the Lakers!!

This weekend was great, I did a lot of hanging around my townhouse watching movies and relaxing with friends. I didn't have a lot of homework (which is rare) so I took full advantage of not having a lot to do and stayed in sweat pants as long as I could during the day!

Right now I am in a comparative religions class and for one of the projects I have to compare two different religious services so I was able to go to those services this weekend with some friends. It was definitely an interesting experience; this class is turning out to be one of my favorites!

So, that's a little bit of what I did this weekend! Remember to start asking questions if you have any! I know I'm eagerly waiting to answer some of your questions! ~Jen~

2 comments:

Reagan Rose said...

How is the snow removal in the winter at Grand Valley?

Jen said...

That is a great question! West Michigan definitely gets it's fair share of snow in the winter and Grand Valley does a wonderful job of clearing all the side walks and parking lots around campus. I have always found the side walks to be very well cleared and salted in the winter months. I always say that the university does not want to cancel classes, so they will keep on top of the snow as best as they can so students can get around campus easily.
Thanks for the question!