Tuesday, November 4, 2008

An Eventful Couple of Days!

This past Friday was Halloween as everyone knows. It seemed everyone on campus was in a very festive mood...or maybe it was just a massive sugar high! Every faculty member or office I stepped into that day had candy everywhere. Little kids from the on-campus day care center went from building to building and trick-or-treated. For being someone who personally, hates being scared and is not a big fan of Halloween, it was a fun day.

The election is today. Part of being on this campus is getting to experience and hear all sorts of viewpoints from different people with different beliefs. There have been different speeches and programs set up to inform students around campus about issues and proposals on the ballot and the different candidates that are running. It is an exciting time and it is really neat to be on a college campus with so many diverse views while this major event is going on in the country.

There is also a "Careerfest" today downtown. Grand Valley has over 100 employers come and set up booths at the downtown Devos Center in Grand Rapids and students in search of a job, co-op or internship are able to check it out! I am going down there today to try and find an internship in the corporate wellness field. It is required for my program that I must complete an internship so I can graduate this April. This career fair will also be beneficial for me so I can look at possible job opportunities for after graduation. I feel like it will also give me a chance to practice my professional socialization skills.

All in all its been pretty busy around GV! Only a few more weeks until Thanksgiving!

Keep questions coming!

No comments: