Saturday, November 22, 2008

What I have been up to lately!

Hi everyone! Sorry that it has been so long since the last post, this time of the semester is very busy with classes coming to a close. I am trying to get things for my final projects done before heading home for thanksgiving! I can’t wait to go home and spend some time with my family. I have not been home in about a month, so it will be nice to get some home cooked food!

On top of being busy with classes I have also been busy working in a special education room at one of the local high schools. I have been going to this classroom once a week all semester and this was the last week working there until January! I was really lucky to be able to spend all day with the students on Thursday. This was a special day because the kids got to leave their school and have “a day of fun!” Once a week the kids sell popcorn in their high school, they then save up their money throughout the trimester, and then at the end of their marking period they get to spend their money! So, we got to go to lunch at subway, and then to Wal-mart to pick out a prize for working so hard all semester. After Wal-mart we went to see High School Musical 3. The kids are OBSESSED with all things High School Musical and they know the words to all the songs! It was a good thing we were the only people in the theater because they sang along to all the songs! I have loved working with these kids every week and this day was such a good way to end our semester together.

So, that’s a little bit about what I have been up to lately! Hope you all enjoy your holidays!

No comments: