Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Winter Semester in Full Swing!

Hi Everyone!

Winter semester is offically in full swing. This means everyone is settled into their schedule and the homework is starting to gradually build...

The first few weeks of the semester are always an adjustment period. You start new classes, have a new work schedule, and have different times of the day to study and get homework done. This semester is my last semester and I have twelve credits. I have a class called 'Behavior Modification' and a class called 'The Sociology of Health Care' along with a class called 'Professionalism in Exercise Science'. All of them are required to complete my degree and I enjoy all of them. My favorite is probably the 'Professionalism...' class because it deals with what we will be dealing with when we get into the work world. We work on interview skills along with our resume and cover letter that we will eventually present to potential employers. Its classes like this that make me realize I will soon be done and going into the 'real world'. Applications were due last week for my Occupational Therapy graduate program. My fingers are crossed! Now we just have to wait and see who makes it to the next part of the application process... the interviews!

I have found this year especially that after four years here, I have made so many great relationships with people that I have met, worked with, and had classes with. Not a day goes by that I dont see someone I know on campus. It is a really great feeling to have. I am really really really going to miss being an undergraduate here.

Shoot us any questions that you have!

-Leslie

No comments: