Thursday, August 27, 2009

No more summer

Well, today is the last day of move-in week, by the end of today all the freshmen will be on campus. Which means classes start Monday, which means that there are four days left of Summer. Surprise! No more break. To be honest, though, I’m ready for a change. For the last three weeks we’ve been between semesters, so it’s been an empty campus for the most part. It’s nice to see a full student body again, especially because all the activities start rolling back into campus.

If I recall correctly the picnic by the Carillon Tower is today, there’s a drive in movie this Saturday, and Fresh Foods Company finally has regular hours. And believe me, I’m probably most excited about that last one. There should be a poster sale coming up within the next one or two weeks, and student life night is right around the corner. Plus, it’s funny to watch all of the freshmen realize that things like printing or athletic tickets are free for students. So to make a long story short, we’re back up and running.

I finally got out to buy textbooks, and my advice to anyone reading this is to either buy your books in advance or reserve them ahead of time. Buying them last minute isn’t a terrible experience, but reserving them makes it a lot faster. But with that anecdote I’ll be signing off, so if you’ve got a question, voice it.

-Kyle

No comments: